RCI Adjustable Bed Rack Installation
RCI designed the installation of this Universal Bed Rack to be completed at home within minutes. All necessary hardware and easy to read instructions are included to ensure a hassle-free install. Here at Truck Brigade, we want you to have the best experience possible and ensure you get the very most out of your purchase. If you have any further questions, please feel free to give us a call at 888-550-3028, email us, or simply chat in!
- Included Hardware
- Assembling Your Rack
- Attaching Your Rack To The Bed
- Get The RCI Adjustable Bed Rack On The Way
- Downloadable PDF
A. 3/8” x 1” Carriage Bolt* 39 ea.
B. 3/8” Washer* 51 ea.
C. 3/8” Lock-washer* 51 ea.
D. 3/8” Hex Nut* 45 ea.
E. 3/8” x 1-1/8” Hex Bolt 6 ea.
F. Toyota / Jeep Track Mounting Plates** 6 ea. (only for specific application)
G. Toyota /Jeep Extension Plates** 6 ea. (only for specific application
1. Remove plastic caps at ends of bed tracks and temporarily remove tie down cleats from bed track.
2. Insert three backing plates into the bed tracks on each side and space them evenly over the entire length of the track, one on each side and one in the middle.
Assembling Your Rack
3. Remove all components from packaging and identify the six bed rack “legs” and three “top channels”. Lay top braces upside down (flanges facing UP) and then drop in the legs on each of the outer ends to form the cross-member shape.
Loosely install 8 carriage bolts, washers, lock washers, and nuts per cross-member assembly.
Do not over-tighten as these will need to be adjusted to fit truck bed first.
4. Set each of the bed rack cross-members in place on the truck bed, spreading them until they match the bed width.
5. Install side panels and top brace(s) using the carriage bolts, washers, lock-washers, and hex nuts. Do not tighten until all cross-members are locked in place to prevent bed rack from shifting.
6. Make sure bed rack is in the desired placement on truck bed, then tighten all 24 nuts securing the top channels. Make sure they are centered over the width and not offset to either side.
Securing Your Rack To The Bed
7. Now secure the bed rack to the vehicle using one of the following methods:
• Accessory track- On Toyota and Jeep models, use the optional bed track mount plates, sliding them inside the accessory track, then secure rack using 1-1/8” hex bolts, with washers and lock-washers.
• Bolt on- Drill 3/8” holes into the truck bed and secure rack with 3/8” bolts, washers, lock-washers, and hex nuts on back side
• Drill-Free C-Clamps- Clamp the six bed rack feet in place using optional C-clamps.
8. Tighten side panels and double check that all fasteners are secured.
9. Attach all of your accessories via endless mounting options. (Give us a call if you have any questions regarding optional accessories that our rack can accommodate)
The products sold by RCI Metalworks are intended for off –road use only, should not be modified, and are for use only on the vehicle(s) specifically stated. RCI Metalworks makes no warranties express or implied, including of fitness for a particular purpose or merchantability. RCI Metalworks will not be liable for any damages arising out of the use or misuse of its products. It is the customers' responsibility to ensure the products are safely and properly attached to the vehicle, and all products should be installed by trained professionals. We strive to maintain extremely high quality standards; however, all RCI Metalworks products are individually handcrafted, may vary slightly, and may contain minor imperfections. Due to the nature of raw aluminum, the material may have minor scratches and other blemishes caused by the manufacturing process, especially on the back side of product. RCI Metalworks is constantly seeking to improve its products and reserves the right to make changes to any product.
Haven't purchased this item yet? Find it here: