Bed Rack Tonneau Adapter Installation
RCI designed the installation of the Tonneau Adapters to be completed at home within minutes. All necessary hardware and easy to read instructions are included to ensure a hassle-free install. Here at Truck Brigade, we want you to have the best experience possible and ensure you get the very most out of your purchase. If you have any further questions, please feel free to give us a call at 888-550-3028, email us, or simply chat in!
- Included Hardware
- Installing Your Tonneau Cover Adapters
- Get The Tonneau Cover Adapters On Order
- Downloadable PDF
Included Hardware Kit:
A. 5/16” x 3/4” Carriage Bolt 18 ea.
B. 5/16” Washer 18 ea.
C. 5/16” Lock-nut 18 ea.
D. 3/8” x 1” Carriage Bolt 6 ea.
F. 3/8” Washer 6 ea.
G. 3/8” Lock-washer 6 ea.
H. 3/8” Hex Nut 6 ea.
1. This kit allows the mounting of RCI Bed Rack with many brands and variations of tonneau covers. Please note that not all covers are compatible, and SOME covers are compatible but will not be able to open such as hard folding tonneau covers. This kit is designed to work only with the RCI adjustable bed racks.
Note that this kit will increase the mounting height of your bed rack by 3”.
2. Install Z-brackets along the bed rail as shown in the picture. Note that these must be measured precisely to match the spacing of the bed rack since they can be extremely difficult to move once the tonneau rails are in place. There is mounting holes on the top and inside of the Z-brackets. Most tonneau covers will not allow you to use the inside mounting holes but some will. Most truck models WILL allow you to drill through the top of the rail and install a bolt and nut and there are extra 5/16” carriage bolts supplied for this purpose.
*Most tonneau rails will securely clamp the Z-brackets in place without any drilling but we recommend doing so as an added safety measure (at least on 2 or more of the brackets).
3. Install tonneau cover per manufacturer instructions. Make sure that the tonneau cover brackets did not move if you did not through-bolt them to the bed caps.
4. Install the Bed Rack mounting brackets to the Z-brackets using the supplied 5/16” carriage bolts, washers, and lock-nuts.
5. You can now install your bed rack. Use the 3/8” carriage bolts in install them from the inside of the brackets, through the mounting feet of the bed rack, then secure with washers, lock-washers, and nuts.
The products sold by RCI Metalworks are intended for off–road use only, should not be modified, and are for use only on the vehicle(s) specifically stated. RCI Metalworks makes no warranties express or implied, including of fitness for a particular purpose or merchantability. RCI Metalworks will not be liable for any damages arising out of the use or misuse of its products. It is the customers' responsibility to ensure the products are safely and properly attached to the vehicle, and all products should be installed by trained professionals. We strive to maintain extremely high quality standards; however, all RCI Metalworks products are individually handcrafted, may vary slightly, and may contain minor imperfections. Due to the nature of raw aluminum, the material may have minor scratches and other blemishes caused by the manufacturing process, especially on the back side of product. RCI Metalworks is constantly seeking to improve its products and reserves the right to make changes to any product.
Haven't purchased this item yet? You can find it here: