RCI Tacoma Bed Rack Installation
RCI designed the installation of this Universal Bed Rack to be completed at home within minutes. All necessary hardware and easy to read instructions are included to ensure a hassle-free install. Here at Truck Brigade, we want you to have the best experience possible and ensure you get the very most out of your purchase. If you have any further questions, please feel free to give us a call at 888-550-3028, email us, or simply chat in!
- Included Hardware
- Utilizing Your Tacoma Bed Rails For Installation
- Assembling Your Bed Rack
- Get The RCI Bed Rack For Your Tacoma On The Way
- Downloadable PDF
Included Hardware Kit
A. 3/8” x 1” Carriage Bolt* 15 ea.
B. 3/8” Washer* 21 ea.
C. 3/8” Lock-washer* 21 ea.
D. 3/8” Hex Nuts* 15 ea.
E. 3/8” x 1-1/8” Hex Bolt** 6 ea.
F. Toyota Track Mounting Plates** 6 ea.
Utilizing Tacoma Bed Rails
1. Remove plastic caps at ends of bed tracks and temporarily remove tie down cleats from bed track.
2. Insert three backing plates into the bed tracks on each side and space them evenly over the entire length of the track, one on each side and one in the middle.
Assembling Your Bed Rack
3. Install each of the three cross-members so that that they are similarly spaced across the length of the bed. Do not bolt anything down at this point.
4. Attach the side panels to the bed rack, using 6 of the carriage bolts per side, with washers, lock-washers, and nuts on the backside and hand tighten. This will set the exact spacing between the cross members. Note that side panels are opposites and depending on installation, RCI logo can be on front OR rear.
5. Install the top brace in the same manner, centered on the top of the bed rack going front to back. For full size or long bed trucks you may need an additional top brace in order to install certain roof top tents, in which case the braces will be installed on the outer sides of the rack rather than the center.
6. With all carriage bolts installed, fully tighten all nuts.
7. Adjust the bed position if needed, then fasten it to the bed track mounting plates using the 3/8” hex bolts with washers. Re-install tie down cleats and plastic end caps into bed track.
*Bed track mounting applies to Toyota only. Other vehicles will require drilling the inside edge of the bed rail and bolting OR attaching the bed rack with C-clamps.
8. Attach all of your accessories via endless mounting options. (Give us a call if you have any questions regarding optional accessories that our rack can accommodate)
The products sold by RCI Metalworks are intended for off –road use only, should not be modified, and are for use only on the vehicle(s) specifically stated. RCI Metalworks makes no warranties express or implied, including of fitness for a particular purpose or merchantability. RCI Metalworks will not be liable for any damages arising out of the use or misuse of its products. It is the customers' responsibility to ensure the products are safely and properly attached to the vehicle, and all products should be installed by trained professionals. We strive to maintain extremely high quality standards; however, all RCI Metalworks products are individually handcrafted, may vary slightly, and may contain minor imperfections. Due to the nature of raw aluminum, the material may have minor scratches and other blemishes caused by the manufacturing process, especially on the back side of product. RCI Metalworks is constantly seeking to improve its products and reserves the right to make changes to any product.
Haven't purchased this item yet? Find it here: