Bed Rack Bike Mount Installation
RCI designed the installation of this Universal Bed Rack to be completed at home within minutes. All necessary hardware and easy to read instructions are included to ensure a hassle-free install. Here at Truck Brigade, we want you to have the best experience possible and ensure you get the very most out of your purchase. If you have any further questions, please feel free to give us a call at 888-550-3028, email us, or simply chat in!
The Bike Mount can be installed on either side of bed rack, on the
vertical cross-members as well as the horizontal side panels
depending on your preference and bed rack configuration/length.
Test fit your bike prior to fully tightening brackets to ensure that
there is not interference with handlebars, pedals, etc. and
reposition as necessary.
- Included Hardware
- Installing Your Bike Rack
- Get The Bed Rack Bike Mount On The Way
- Downloadable PDF
Included Hardware Kit:
A. 3/8” x 1” Carriage Bolt 6 ea.
B. 3/8” Washer 6 ea.
C. 3/8” Lock-washer 6 ea.
D. 3/8” Hex Nut 6 ea.
E. ¼” x 1” Grade 8 Hex Bolt 2 ea.
F. ¼” Washer 4 ea.
G. ¼” Nylon Lock-nut 2 ea.
H. Velcro Rear Tire Strap 1 ea.
1. Determine where on the rack the bike mount will be installed. Your front bike axle may only be able to be installed from one direction which will determine which side and/or location on the rack you will have to use. Measure the distance between bike axles and compare to bed rack mounting points to find the best location. We generally recommend installing at least one of the mounts on a vertical cross-member, overlapping the side panel (usually the front mount. You can also use anywhere along the side panels utilizing the long, slotted cut-outs on top and bottom. If NECESSARY, the mount can be offset on a vertical cross-member (only half overlapping the side panel) but you will need a spacer on one side to mount flat.
2. Install bike mount brackets using the supplied 3/8” carriage bolts, washers, lock-washers, and nuts. Make sure to use one bolt on the underside of bike mount, and one on the top side to prevent damage to bike mount.
3. Install tire tray on the rear mount using the supplied 3/8” x 1” carriage bolts, washers, lock-washers, and nuts. Tray is adjustable front to back to allow rear tire to be centered on the tray. Install Velcro tire strap through slotted holes in tire tray.
4. Install bike hitch (purchased separately) using the supplied hardware. If there are multiple hardware options included, use the one that corresponds to the hole sizes on your bike hitch.
5. Fully tighten all hardware and you are ready to hit the trails!
The products sold by RCI Metalworks are intended for off –road use only, should not be modified, and are for use only on the vehicle(s) specifically stated. RCI Metalworks makes no warranties express or implied, including of fitness for a particular purpose or merchantability. RCI Metalworks will not be liable for any damages arising out of the use or misuse of its products. It is the customers' responsibility to ensure the products are safely and properly attached to the vehicle, and all products should be installed by trained professionals. We strive to maintain extremely high quality standards; however, all RCI Metalworks products are individually handcrafted, may vary slightly, and may contain minor imperfections. Due to the nature of raw aluminum, the material may have minor scratches and other blemishes caused by the manufacturing process, especially on the back side of product. RCI Metalworks is constantly seeking to improve its products and reserves the right to make changes to any product.
Haven't purchased this item yet? Find it here:
Please sign in to leave a comment.