RCI 03-09 4Runner Rock Slider Installation Guide
RCI designed the installation of the 4th Gen 4Runner Rock Sliders to be completed at home as a straight forward process. All necessary hardware and easy to read instructions are included to ensure a hassle-free install. Here at Truck Brigade, we want you to have the best experience possible and ensure you get the very most out of your purchase. If you have any further questions, please feel free to give us a call at 888-550-3028, email us, or simply chat in!
- Included Hardware
- Installing Your RCI Rock Sliders
- Get The RCI Rock Sliders For Your 03-09 4Runner On The Way
- Downloadable PDF
Included Hardware Kit
A. M8x30mm Hex Bolt 12 ea.
B. 5/16” Washer 12ea.
C. 7/16” x 5-1/2” Carriage Bolt 10 ea.
D. 3/8” Washer 10 ea.
E. 7/16” Split Lock-Washer 10 ea.
F. 7/16” Hex Nut 10 ea.
G. “Half Moon” Backing Washer 9 ea.
H. Fuel Tank Backing Washer 1 ea.
1. Apply paint or other rust preventive coating if sliders were purchased in bare steel.
2. Locate the parking brake line bracket on the vehicle frame and remove the bolt securing it. Pull bracket away from frame to allow enough room for slider mounting plate to slide behind it.
3. If vehicle is XREAS equipped, fully unbolt hydraulic unit from the frame rail so mounting plate can slide behind it. Note that sliders must be ordered WITHOUT gussets to fit XREAS models because gussets will interfere with the hydraulic lines.
4. With the help of a second person, lift the driver side slider into position, aligning holes on mounting plate with corresponding holes on vehicle frame. VERY loosely install at least two bolts, so that slider is self-supported.
5. There is limited space to install a carriage bolt alongside the fuel tank on driver side. For this purpose you will install one 5-1/2” carriage bolt BACKWARDS through the large round hole as shown in picture. This can be done through the front of the slider if bolts are loose enough. Install the special fuel tank backing washer so that the carriage bolt head slides into the slot. Note that this washer can be held with a wrench to keep it from twisting when you install your washer, lock-nut and nut on the front.
6. Install M8x30mm bolts with washers into ALL threaded frame locations including the parking brake line bracket removed in step two. Do not fully tighten yet.
7. With all M8 hex bolts now installed and loose, adjust slider to desired height/position, so that it sits parallel with the vehicles pinch seam. There should be approximately ½” between the slider legs and the pinch seam. Be sure to check that rear doors have enough clearance to open without hitting slider. Tighten one bolt on each side to lock slider in place then fully tighten all bolts.
8. Install 5-1/2” carriage bolt at the slot on front of slider where it is able to pass entirely through both sides of the frame. Install backer plate, washer, and lock-nut on inside of frame rail. Notice that the slots on slider mounting plate allow adjustability up and down while preventing carriage bolts from spinning when tightening lock-nuts.
9. Install two more 5” carriage bolts on driver side where vehicle frame permits.
10. Repeat installation procedure on passenger side of vehicle. Notice that three additional 5” carriage bolts may be installed toward the rear of slider on passenger side. These holes are blocked by the fuel tank on driver side.
11. Fully tighten all bolts and nuts.
The products sold by RCI Metalworks are intended for off –road use only, should not be modified, and are for use only on the vehicle(s) specifically stated. RCI Metalworks makes no warranties express or implied, including of fitness for a particular purpose or merchantability. RCI Metalworks will not be liable for any damages arising out of the use or misuse of its products. It is the customers' responsibility to ensure the products are safely and properly attached to the vehicle, and all products should be installed by trained professionals. We strive to maintain extremely high quality standards; however, all RCI Metalworks products are individually handcrafted, may vary slightly, and may contain minor imperfections. Due to the nature of raw aluminum, the material may have minor scratches and other blemishes caused by the manufacturing process, especially on the back side of product. RCI Metalworks is constantly seeking to improve its products and reserves the right to make changes to any product.
Haven't purchased this item yet? Find it here: