RCI 05-21 Tacoma Rock Slider Installation Guide
RCI designed the installation of the 2nd & 3rd Gen Tacoma Rock Sliders to be completed at home as a straight forward process. All necessary hardware and easy to read instructions are included to ensure a hassle-free install. Here at Truck Brigade, we want you to have the best experience possible and ensure you get the very most out of your purchase. If you have any further questions, please feel free to give us a call at 888-550-3028, email us, or simply chat in!
- Included Hardware
- Installing Your RCI Rock Sliders
- Get The RCI Rock Sliders For Your 05-21 Tacoma On The Way
- Downloadable PDF
2 EA. M10 x 1.25 x 30mm Bolts
3 EA. M8 x 1.25 x 30mm Bolts
3 EA. 5/16” Washers
10 EA. 7/16” x 1.5” Bolts
4 EA. 7/16” x 2” Bolts
12 EA. “Half Moon” Backing Plates
2 EA. Frame Cross-member Backing Plates (with welded nuts)
16 EA. 3/8” Washers (For use with M10 and 7/16” bolts)
12 EA. 7/16” Lock-washers
12 EA. 7/16” Hex Nuts
For Long Bed Models Add:
4 EA. 7/16” x 1.5” Bolts
4 EA. 3/8” Washers
4 EA. 7/16” Lock-Washers
4 EA. 7/16” Hex Nuts
4 EA. Backing Plates
1. Apply paint or other rust preventive coating if sliders were purchased in bare steel.
2. Remove the bottom bolt on either side of the drive shaft carrier bearing cross-member. The bolt is located on the bottom of the frame rail. This bolt will be replaced with the longer bolt supplied with hardware kit.
3. Temporarily unbolt small bracket on outward facing side of driver side frame rail, as well as any other brackets on inside or outside of frame rails that will interfere with install. These will be re-fastened over top of rock slider frame plate once installed.
4. With the help of a second person, lift one slider into position and secure it in place with the use of a floor jack pressing up on the bottom flange. Install the new M10 x 1.25 bolt with washer replacing the one removed in step two. Tighten bolt making sure slider is firmly pressed against the frame. Repeat for opposite slider. Make sure to keep bracket removed in step 3 on the outside of the driver side slider so it does not get sandwiched in-between.
*Note that passenger side of truck may have a bracket with electronics mounted. Remove the cover and unbolt bracket from the frame prior to lifting slider into position. Re-attach bracket and plastic cover after slider is in final mounting position, using the longer M8 bolts supplied with kit.
5. Locate the 6 locations on either side of frame with large rectangular or round cutouts. Install each 7/16” bolt with washer on outer side of frame rail, then install backer plates, lock washers, and nuts on the inside of frame rail. Repeat on all locations EXCEPT for the front two mounting holes.
*2017 and newer trucks will be missing two of the 6 holes on the frame. This is no cause for concern as the sliders will maintain comparable strength without them.
6. Insert the “frame cross-member backer plate” into the hole on the frame that matches its size and shape as shown to the right. The welded nut portion should be facing upward toward the vehicle.
7. Install the slider front support brackets using the 7/16” bolts with washers. These will overlap the front portion of the rock sliders and secure them to the bottom of the frame cross-member as shown on the right. Install the backer plates, and locknuts on the inside of frame rail, as well as the 7/16” bolt with washer that secures the support bracket to the bottom of frame crossmember. You will have to reach in the side of the frame opening to hold the backer in place as it is tightened.
8. Re-install the bracket removed in step three, fastening it to the slider frame plate.
9. For best results, you may choose to drill the additional holes located on the bottom front of the frame support flange of each slider. Utilizing these mounting points will substantially increase the strength of the slider for heavy duty use, and minimize flex when lifting truck by the sliders, though it is not required for using the sliders as a jacking point.
10. Fully tighten all bolts, and remove jacks supporting sliders.
The products sold by RCI Metalworks are intended for off –road use only, should not be modified, and are for use only on the vehicle(s) specifically stated. RCI Metalworks makes no warranties express or implied, including of fitness for a particular purpose or merchantability. RCI Metalworks will not be liable for any damages arising out of the use or misuse of its products. It is the customers' responsibility to ensure the products are safely and properly attached to the vehicle, and all products should be installed by trained professionals. We strive to maintain extremely high quality standards; however, all RCI Metalworks products are individually handcrafted, may vary slightly, and may contain minor imperfections. Due to the nature of raw aluminum, the material may have minor scratches and other blemishes caused by the manufacturing process, especially on the back side of product. RCI Metalworks is constantly seeking to improve its products and reserves the right to make changes to any product.
Haven't purchased this item yet? Find it here: